Aperam announces appointments to its Management Committee
Luxembourg, 30 May 2012 – Aperam today announces new appointments to its Management Committee. Reporting to the CEO,
- Mr. Tim di Maulo is appointed as Chief Commercial and Sourcing Officer and remains member of the Management Committee.
Tim has been responsible for Aperam Services and Solutions since 2008. He joined the Group in 1990. As of 1996, he has assumed different leadership positions in the Service Division, ranging from Commercial Director to Chief Executive Officer of Stainless Services Centres. Mr. di Maulo is a graduate of Politecnico di Milano in Milan and holds an MBA from Bocconi University in Milan.
- Mrs. Vanisha Mittal Bhatia is appointed to Aperam’s Management Committee, in charge of the Group’s strategy, a responsibility she holds since April 2011.
Vanisha has a degree in business administration from the European Business School, London. She is a Member of ArcelorMittal’s Board of Directors.
Following these nominations, Aperam’s Management Committee members are below with updated responsibilities:
- Mr. Philippe Darmayan, Chief Executive Officer,
- Mr. Julien Burdeau, Responsible for Alloys & Specialties,
- Mr. Tim di Maulo, Chief Commercial and Sourcing Officer,
- Mr. Clênio Guimarães, Chief Operating Officer Stainless & Electrical Steel South America,
- Mrs. Vanisha Mittal Bhatia, Responsible for Strategy,
- Mr. Julien Onillon, Chief Financial Officer,
- Mr. Jean-Paul Rouffiac, Chief Operating Officer Stainless & Electrical Steel Europe,
- Mrs. Johanna Van Sevenant, Responsible for Human Resources and Sustainability.
Speaking today, Philippe Darmayan, CEO of Aperam, said : “I am convinced that these appointments are the right evolution to focus operations on reaching our Leadership Journey's objectives while serving our customers better.”
Aperam is a global player in stainless, electrical and specialty steel, with operations in more than 30 countries. The business is organized in three divisions: Stainless & Electrical Steel, Services & Solutions and Alloys & Specialties.
Aperam has 2.5 million tonnes of flat stainless steel capacity in Brazil and Europe and is a leader in high value added niches - alloys and specialties. Aperam has a highly integrated distribution, processing and services network and a unique capability to produce stainless and specialty from low cost biomass (charcoal). Its industrial network is concentrated in six main plants located in Brazil, Belgium and France. Aperam has about 10,500 employees.
Aperam commits to operate in a responsible way with respect to health, safety and the well-being of its employees,
contractors and the communities in which it operates. It is also committed to the sustainable management of the environment and of finite resources. In 2011, Aperam had revenues of USD 6.3 billion and shipments of 1.75 million tonnes.
For further information, please refer to our website at www.aperam.com
Investor Relations - Michael Bennett: +352 27 36 27 36
Media - Jean Lasar: +352 27 36 27 27