Coaches and Bus Structure
For buses with greater fuel economy and passenger safety : Our 100% Stainless Europe solutions
To provide your customers with the highest-performance products, you are looking for materials that ensure:
- Long service life, in particular with excellent corrosion resistance
- Minimum weight for reduced fuel consumption
- Maximum safety: materials must be capable of absorbing as much energy as possible in the event of impacts.
Our K03 : all the value of our KARA ferritics for your market
- A stable price: like the other KARA grades; our K03 – with 11% chromium – contains virtually no nickel (0.4%), the price of which fluctuates sharply
- Excellent resilience, greater than that of other ferritic stainless steel grades
- Good mechanical properties, superior to those of carbon steels. They allow the design of vehicles that are lighter, hence more fuel-efficient.
- Good resistance to high temperatures, which limits structural deformation in the event of fire.
- Also available in tube form. The range of thicknesses in K03 is one of the broadest on the market for hot-rolled products (from 1.88 mm to 8 mm), making this a major selling point with manufacturers.
Our traditional offering: our 18-9E grade :
- Historically used for its excellent mechanical properties
- Good resilience
- Good corrosion resistance
To find out more :